Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Wordle Holiday Cards!

Happy holidays everyone! I know it's a little early, but why wait for something so exciting? Now today till Christmas, I will be posting unique holiday gifts and ideas, to make this holiday a little more special. Now since this is my first post on this topic, I'm going to start with something easy...a card! A great gift for anyone is a card, especially when it's homemade because it came from your heart. Also cards are commonly made, but have you seen one like the one above? My guess is that you probably haven't, so if you want to learn how to make it, stay tuned!

Okay, So to create these amazing collages, read the instructions below.
1. Make sure that your computer has the latest version of Java software, because you will need it to do this. If you don't have it, update or get the newest version.

2. Click the link to get on the website: http://www.wordle.net/

3. Click create and choose a topic, in this case, Christmas.

4. Type every word that pops into your head which relates to you topic (noel, Santa, carols, etc.), leaving a space between words. If you are typing a phrase, put a dash between each word.

5. If you want specific words to be bigger in the collage, type it once, then put a space and type the word exactly the same way. Every time the word is repeated, the bigger it will appear in the collage.

6. Once you're done, press go and your collage will come! You will be able to change font, the layout, the colors, the background, and much more!

7. Once you're done, you can choose to print it out, of share it with the web. For a card, just print it on half of the paper and then fold it so that one side has the collage and the other side is just blank. Just remember to have fun with wordle!

I hope that you guys enjoy wordle and use it again sometime, whether it be a birthday, a get well card, or just for fun! I think that many people don't make cards because they think they can't draw or write well, but this is just typing up! Also, the results are always neat and clean, and don't forget unique! I for one, have a lot of fun using wordle, and have made quite a few myself. Having experience, I would like to tell you that I truly recommend it to everyone! Please comment on you experience with wordle! That's all for now, bye!

Here's a wordle that I've made...

No comments:

Post a Comment