Friday, December 28, 2012

Sharpie: Uncap What's Inside: #2

Hey guys, before I start today's post I would just like to say that I hope you had a very Merry Christmas filled with joy and laughter. Anyway, I'd just like to start off with something bigger today, and something that was done by someone who definitely had a lot of time on his hands. For most people, a sharpie marker is off-limits of going anywhere near their car, but for artist Chris Dunlop,it's the perfect touch for his 1999 Ford Mustang GT. He, for one, is definitely not afraid of making mistakes, and his incredible results show that he made his sharpie's well spent. It's definitely clear that standing out is not a problem for Chris, and the car is both unique and creative. Looking at the pictures, I want you to think. Look at the sharp clean lines. The abstract work. And the amazing results of using something as simple as a black sharpie.

 As for me, the car is amazing, and so is the fact that it's a masterpiece of just two neutral colors. I think that it teaches you that to make art, it doesn't matter if you have dozens of colors of just one. In fact, I feel that the fewer the amount of colors, the more interesting the piece looks. I just love all the small detail and effort that shows on every inch of the car. Now I want you to look at the picture below. Do you see the fine details between the arrows? See how the arrows just pop out from the rest of the piece. I feel that the car just has so much o look at, even though it is made up of only 2 colors. Now that I've told you my opinion about the car, I would like to hear your! Just tell me anything that you think about when you see the car, or what you feel is nice and unique about the piece in the comments below! That's all for now, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment