Monday, December 24, 2012

Sharpie: Uncap What's Inside

Hey guys, I back to talk to you about personalizing some of the gifts for you, or your special someone. Lately, I've been obsessing over Toms shoes, and I just thought that it would be great if you could get some designs for the same price as the classic ones, which also has a touch of your personality in it. For shoes like converse, you can just do it online, but you can only choose from the online varieties; but are they exactly what you would call perfectly unique? Today, as well as my next few posts, I will show you the amazing creativity of a Sharpie marker, and as the logo says, we will uncap what's inside! Sharpie's come in many different varieties and colors, so you will always find the one that you're looking for! The best color to start with is a white canvas` (like shown above), because then you have a greater range of colors that will show on the shoe. Don't worry if you aren't the best at drawing; I will be giving advice and tips on making simple designs to succeed turning cute shoes into completely unique ones, with just a matter of a few minutes to hours. Let's get started!

Tips:
- Being a beginner, you might want to start with an old pair of shoes... just for practice.

- Think of something that you feel deeply about, or just freestyle! Either way, don't think too much, the results will just come together without you trying!

- Have a color combination that compliments each other, like the picture shown on the left. It will become easier now that you have at least an idea what colors you want!

-Every mistake you make can easily be fixed, just be creative!

Here's a video to demonstrate designing a shoe:
 
 
Now I know that the shoes in the video aren't Toms, and I would just like my point to be that any shoes will do in this project. These shoes in the video are $8.99 at Wal-Mart, which is about 1/5 the price of Toms! The video is by drstrangeclock, so if you liked this video, make sure to check her out on You Tube! I really think that designing your own shoes represents your personality, and can turn really cheap-looking shoes into a piece of art! If I were you, I would buy some shoes from somewhere else, like Wal-Mart, Target, even Forever 21, and then decorate them, so that you won't have to spend as much money. Although, buying cheaper shoes is a good idea, I would just like to tell you that Tom's donate to a really good cause and donate a pair of shoes to a child who doesn't have one for everyone bought (which is why they are pretty expensive.) Anyway, that's all for now. I hope you liked my post, and if you have anything to tell me, then write it in the comment section below! Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment