Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Classics: December Christmas Contest

Hey everyone, since Christmas is just around the corner, I decided that today I would talk about some amazing Christmas movies, some new, and some true classics. Where I live, Christmas means sipping hot cocoa, snow, and staying warm and cozy. So this holiday, curl up on your couch with a nice, warm blanket, some popcorn, and one of these amazing movies!

A Christmas Story
Who can forget this hilarious classic! From Ralphie in the bunny suit, to the BB gun for Christmas, this movie was entertaining to everyone, young and old! First viewed in 1983, even in 2012, this movie is arguably one of America's favorite holiday classics! I know that many of you have a lot of memories attached with this movie, and I would like you to tell me your favorite memory in the comments below! 
Today however, I would like to talk about something that many of you may not know. A Christmas Story is now on Broadway, created by Peter Billingsley (Ralphie) himself! 'A Christmas Story: The Musical' runs through Dec. 30 at the Lunt-Fontaine Theater on 46th St., NYC. Take your family and go see it to make this an unforgettable Christmas. Who's playing the role of Ralphie, you may wonder. Well, according to Parade magazine, 12 year old Johnny Rabe will be standing on stage in the bunny suit. Here's what he has to say about his role: "It's cool to be playing such an iconic character. I mean a lot of people know Ralphie. They know the gun, the glasses, the cheesy smile, the daydreaming." From A Christmas Story: the book (published in 1966) to now "A Christmas Story: the musical" (now in 2012), I think that we can all agree that this story has come a long way in the past 46 years.

Elf
Just like A Christmas Story, Elf is another unforgettable holiday film, that has quite a bit of comedy as well. Ever since 2003, this film has filled houses with laughter during the holidays. This comedy holiday film stars Will Ferrell, James Caan, Bob Newhart, Ed Asner, and Zooey Deschanel. This 97 minute movie is available in stores such as Target, Wal-Mart, and Five-Below. I know that this film has become many people's favorite, and it just so happens that it's my English teacher, Mr. Poole is a big fan of this movie, too! I would like you all to watch this film and write a review of it in the comment's below!

A Christmas Carol
Who can forget Scrooge and the three ghosts of Christmas? Whenever you're in a bad mood, start this film to get into the true meaning of Christmas. From the book by Charles Dickens that started it all, there have been plenty of variations of this story. Whether it be the Disney, or the Muppet's version, you'll find the perfect version of this story for everyone! You can buy a version of A Christmas Story  at places like Staples, Wal-Mart, Amazon, etc. I'm sure that most people have watched at least one version of this story, so I'd like you to tell me either a memory or a review of it! Remember to make sure you name which version of the movie you saw!

I hope my movie guide helped you, and hopefully you'll love the movies that I have posted about!


 

5 comments:

  1. I love the Christmas Carol. Say, have you read the book by Charles Dickens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't yet Grace, but I've watched several versions of the movie...The Muppets Christmas Carol is one of the most recent versions that I've watched and its great! I would recommend it to everyone! Have you read the book? If so, how was it?

      Delete
    2. I'm in the middle of reading the book. I watched the movie too. The book is pretty good, and I think that everyone should give it a chance. I found it at the Library.

      Delete
  2. Nice post, these great movies will keep me busy during December, and thanks for each individual's descriptions. I didn't watch the Christmas Carol yet, but I watched the Mickey mouse version with my sibling and it was heart-warming and delightful. Did you see A Christmas Story? How was it?, if you saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have watched about half of it in school, but have never finished it. But I would recommend it to everyone! I loved it, and it is a great and hilarious story!

      Delete