Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mouth Art!

Introduction:
What do you think? Extreme art skills? Months for perfection? How long do you think that you would take to perfect this? Days, weeks, months? How about if you were holding the pencil in your mouth? Today I'm going to talk about Doug Landis, a mouth artist. Doug Landis is famous for doing the unbelievable: drawing with perfection with a pencil in his mouth  His general topic is sketching animals, with incredible details. The picture above is an example of one of his pieces. Enjoy! 

Information:
A high school wrestling accident rendered  Doug Landis
 a quadriplegic, paralyzed from the neck down. Concerned that Doug was spending too much time in front of the TV, his brother Monte challenged Doug to draw and placed a pencil in Doug’s mouth.Magic time.    (Information from:  http://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2011/04/17/teeth/  )

My Opinion:
As for me, it's hard enough to draw a picture like that with my hands. With my mouth, it might as well be impossible! I think that Doug Landis is really a great example of a true artist. One who has made a career despite all the difficulties that he has faced. One who hasn't given up. I personally find Doug Landis truly inspirational and I for one, look up to him. 

Extra: 
How do you think Doug Landis does it? Here's a picture that I found of him at work. Amazing, 
right? Anyway, don't forget to follow my blog! Also what do you think about Doug Landis? Feel free to leave me a comment on your opinion. That's all for now. Bye:D








2 comments:

  1. Wow that is so cool! I love that painting, it is so cute and beautiful. You absolutely right it is very extreme! Do you have any other painting made with the mouth?

    Please reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my post! Thanks for commenting. You can always type "Doug Landis" in Google images to get more results. If you want, I'll show some more pictures on my next post.

      Delete