Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pillow Decoration Ideas!

Hey everyone, I know that in my last few posts I've been discussing how to put some spark in you bedroom with the walls on the message and flower lampshade. So first off, if you haven't checked out those posts, I hope you do now. Next I'd like to introduce today's topic, which is going to accent your bedroom and really going to bring it to life. Today I will be showing you all ways to decorate your pillows with household materials that I'm sure you'll have. This time, I'll be doing a bunch of ideas, so I hope I mention one that is perfect for you! Also, before we start, I'd just like to say that you will need to think creatively to succeed. For example, if the project calls for ribbon, fabric or even recycling your old clothes could work. Let's begin! (Also, I won't be telling you specific topics, I'll give a few examples and you could decide what to do with them.)

Buttons!
Buttons are adorable, especially when it comes to decorations! All you need is a bunch of these from clothes, or anywhere else you can find them! I would recommend that you use different sizes, to make it look as fun and cute as possible! The picture on the right is a great example on how to use these buttons. To stick the buttons on, use super glue. Remember: You'll need plenty of these to create a picture, so try getting some from the store.

Lace!
Give your pillow an elegant, romantic feel with inches of lace-ribbon. You just need to trim it to your preference, and apply it on! Remember: you can never turn wrong with this project, because everything is done to your preference!  You may accessorize the pillow after the lace is applied. For example, a thin black ribbon across the center will be a great finishing touch, as well as some rhinestones to match your personality. Just remember to have fun with it!

Felt!
Last but not least, felt will enhance your pillows to reflect your personality. From butterflies, to trees, to just about anything, this one is most likely the most fun to use out of the three. These pillows are great to match with fun prints for children's rooms and nurseries. Also, add an elegant feel with a more sophisticated design. The picture on the right is a perfect example on a quick and cute design using felt. This one is actually creating a 3-D effect, and looks very professional. This actually may cost up to $50 in a store but can easily made for less than $15 at home.Again, you may use super glue to stick them on, or if you want, you may sew them on.

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed this weeks post, and share your thoughts in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment